We’re looking for a Writer/Editor!
In business since our first event in 2014, HealthMeans has delivered health education and information to millions worldwide, helping them learn to live healthier and happier lives. To date we have produced over 150 health-related events and reached over 10 million people. With the launch of our community platform in 2017, we hope to reach many more in the years to come.
Our team of outstanding professionals works remotely all over the globe and is committed to reaching as many people as possible with tools for a healthier life. We are looking for a writer/editor to help us meet our commitment.
Mission & Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Accessibility
In 2020, we actively began evaluating and understanding our company culture so we could actively embrace becoming a more diverse, equitable, inclusive and accessible (DEIA) organization. Discovering bias, adding and improving processes and policies, welcoming diverse perspectives, listening to leaders, and taking action with a plan were core to our exploration, and are still ingrained in our decisions today as we continue to measure our progress and evolve our industry.
Without health, there can be no long-term success — it both applies to us as individuals and a company. Therefore, it’s our mission to prioritize health with DEIA-focused programs that can lead toward successful outcomes. We know that healing is a journey with a starting point, rest stops and course changes along the way.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that having staff, contractors, interns and volunteers with diverse backgrounds enables us to better meet our mission, and responsibly partner as a community to build safe spaces within HealthMeans.
Learning and sharing what we’ve learned helps benefit our community members, partners, clients, peers, experts, employees and contractors. This mutuality collectively moves us forward in the effort to improve health and happiness for all.
We are looking for a writer / editor to join our team – first on a part-time basis with the availability to transition to full-time.
In this role, you’ll serve as the second set of eyes on many types of communication including email, web copy, social media copy and more. Eventually, you’ll be responsible for marketing copywriting as well.
This position requires 1-3 years of experience. Please provide writing samples or a link to your portfolio and references who can speak to your editing ability.
Must have a basic understanding of AP Style / be familiar with following brand best-practices and guidelines as well as tone of voice.
You will primarily work 20 hours, Monday – Friday between the hours of 9a.m – 5p.m US Central time zone, but with the flexibility to manage your own schedule, in alignment with the timelines and deadlines of our marketing management team. This position is 100% remote and will report directly to the Director of Brand and Story.
- Proof copy
- Edit copy for content and clarity
- Write copy
- 1-3 years of proofing, editing and writing copy
- Writing examples or a portfolio of work
- Dedication to improving diversity, equity and inclusion
- Knowledge of functional medicine, alternative health and affiliate marketing is a plus
- Understanding of AP Style and following brand best-practices and tone-of-voice
How You Approach Your Work
- You get joy out of working with others and getting results for all parties involved. You lead with integrity.
- You take a learning approach. You are someone who has previous knowledge and experience, and are innovative and excited to build something completely new.
- Transparency is important to you. You ensure the team is updated — as you build, your partners across the company are considered, connected and understand the process.
- You are committed to personal development and growth. We are growing as a company and we are committed to building an inclusive organization together.
Accommodations During Hiring Process
As part of our ongoing DEIA initiatives, we will make reasonable accommodations. Please let us know if you have a request for a change or adjustment to an interview process based on a challenge or disability.